Sierra Leone striker Kei Kamara has stated his displeasure with the type of hospitality Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) granted his team and officials of Sierra Leone FA.
The former Middlesbrough player stated this in a viral video on the social media complaining about the texture of the pillows and mattress in his room which he said made sleeping impossible.
He also jokingly replayed a conversation he had about his concerns with a hotel employee.
“I go to the front desk, talk to the lady about how I can’t sleep,” the Minnesota United striker said in one of the videos which was apparently shot in the early hours of Thursday.
“She’s so calm ‘don’t worry, don’t worry we’ll fix everything in the morning, don’t worry’. I said, ‘I can’t sleep, I’ve been lying down for two or three, four hours, I can’t sleep’. ‘Don’t worry we’ll fix it in the morning we’ll fix it’.
“And why can’t I sleep?”, he asked before pointing to the pillows and the bed. “This bed, this pillow” he replies while striking the mattress.
However, his team has tender an unreserved apology to the NFF and also to the management of the hotel which they all reside.
“The Sierra Leone Football Association will open an investigation into a viral video posted by the Sierra Leone National Team striker Kei Kamara in which he is seen defaming a hospitality establishment at which the National Team Delegation including the Minister of Sports Ibrahim Nyelenkeh, the Executive Director of the National Sports Authority Dr. Kenneth Brima and the President of Sierra Leone Football Association Madam Isha Johansen is currently residing,” the SLFA said in a statement on Thursday.
“The SLFA unreservedly apologizes to the Management of Lushville Hotel and Suites in Benin City, Edo State, emphasizing that the views expressed by Kei Kamara are his individual comments which are strongly condemned by the FA.
“The SLFA would also like to apologize to the Nigerian Football Federation for Kei Kamara’s unprofessional conduct and any embarrassment caused. Further information will be provided on the conclusion of the investigation.”
This saga is the latest in a series of infractions from the striker who has previously gotten in trouble over his social media activity and has been suspended thrice before by the SLFA.