Remo Stars FC were the early birds having arrived Thursday 2nd September,2021 and the first to familiarize with the serene environment of the coal city State.
Bendel Insurance FC of Benin and Niger Tornadoes FC touched down Saturday, while Shooting Stars Sports Club of Ibadan (3SC) and Ekiti United moved into Enugu in the early hours of Sunday. Gombe United breezed in Sunday evening, with El-Kanem Warriors and DMD, two teams from the home of peace, Borno State were the last to storm Enugu.
The Super Eight is the season- ending battle to determine who out of the eight teams will pick the four (4) available tickets to the top flight football division in Nigeria, otherwise known as the Nigeria Professional Football League (NPFL).
The play off will also see the best two teams from the Northern and Southern conferences fight to see who will be crowned, Champions of the 2020/2021 NNL season.
The teams will know their opponents after the draw for the playoff is held at the well-known Autella Hotels & Suits, situated at the Independence layout, Enugu.
The estimated fourteen (14) matches of the Super Eight Playoff, has been billed to hold at the “Cathedral” the Nnamdi Azikiwe Stadium, Enugu.
Nicknames of the qualified clubs:
- Bendel Insurance FC – The Vipers/Benin Arsenals
- Ekiti United FC –JKF Boys
- El-Kanemi Warriors FC – Up Warriors
- Dr. Mohammed Dlakwa FC (DMD) – Babale Boys
- Gombe United FC – Savannah Scorpions
- Niger Tornadoes FC – Ikon Allah Boys
- Remo Stars FC – The Sky Blue Stars
- Shooting Stars Sports Club (3SC) – Oluyole Warriors.